Monday, August 4, 2014

Motivation Monday

Motivation comes in many forms. Family, quotes, and Sundays are my greatest source of motivation. 

I am fortunate to have a family that is so supportive of my goals and dreams. Through it all they are encouraging and empowering. My two boys are a constant reminder that I cannot be settled with status quo. I am charged with setting an example of excellence for them, but I also feel compelled to push the norms of education because of the resulting impact. I want their leaders and teachers to get out of what used to be and start thinking about what is and is to come. We have to work together to feed their curiosity and creative natures. 

Sundays are a great source of motivation and inspiration. My first dose comes in morning worship. I am so blessed to have found a church home with amazing examples, teachers, and leaders. Replacing our church will definitely be one of the hardest parts of the move. From the music to the ministry everything about Sourhside compells me to change the world. In the evening NBTchat has my attention. This wild idea of Jonathan Kegler's was brilliant and I'm grateful he brought me along for the ride. Since it's inception in February I have learned and grown from amazing educators worldwide. 




Lastly, words are a huge source of motivation for me. I have quotes and sayings everywhere, in my home, office, car and on my phone. 

Thank you to Jennifer Hogan for the Motivation  Monday challenge. http://thecompellededucator.blogspot.com/2014/08/motivation-monday-31-link-party-august.html?m=1
 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE! Motivating thoughts & words are what helps us through tough days and gives us the push to keep going. You took the courage to start something new & I hope you and your family will be blessed in your new job, school, and church. It can't be easy but I can tell you have a positive attitude & outlook on life and that's why I'm glad I've connected with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this from Robin Roberts: God has 3 answers, "Yes, Not Yet, and I Have Something Bigger in Mind!" You are doing great things, and the move is just part of His plan. Keep on with #nbtchat - you all are causing fires everywhere!
    Thanks for joining the linky party!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete